Our group coaching plan is for those that really want to learn!
This session is run in groups of 5-7 people. During this training, we teach you the basics that you need to know to get a handle on bookkeeping for small business.
Bookkeeping has a lot of “grey” answers. It is not always black and white. You need to be able to make decisions “on the fly” and (as humans), we learn by repetition.
This group of people will share their business details and learn through getting to know one another.
After taking one of our 3 hours sessions “Preparing for tax season” or “Small business bookkeeping”, you will receive a copy of our DIY Bookkeeping Kit that will help you get started on doing your bookkeeping.
Group coaching sessions consist of 12 weeks, with a different theme each two weeks.
- In person time will be 2 hours for each 2 week rotation
- Homework will be on your own time during the other hours in each 2 week rotation
Week #1 & 2 – The Basics
This is a session where we go through the basics as it applies directly to the members of our group. We go through each business in the group and make sure you are setup correctly including:
- Your bank accounts
- Your credit card accounts
- Proper GST registration
- Overview of your Canada Revenue Agency accounts
- Previous write offs
- Current write off
Week 3 & 4 – Organizing Yourself
Organization is important so that you can understand your receipts and how to file them for your business and how to apply them in bookkeeping.
- Review the different types of write offs
- Learn how to apply them to your business
- Find other write offs that you may already be missing
- Create your organization system
- Review system pitfalls
Week 5 & 6 – Write offs and Special Circumstances
- Analyze the best way to use some of these special write offs for your specific business
- Go over all possible write off situations as it applies to your business
- Vehicle write offs
- Home expenses
- Meals & Entertainment
Week 7 & 8 – Person Tax Returns
Understanding how your personal tax returns are affected by your job is important! Know how to best make sure that the personal tax return works for you and not against you!
- The basic process
- How your business income affects your self employed income
- How your business affects your spouse
- Learning when you pay no tax how it can make your spouse pay more tax
Week 9 & 10 – Personalized Adjustments
This session is reserved to make adjustments in learning. Each group will be unique in their journey and this class is reserved to help out everyone in the group with what they need the most.
We will review your learning curve and adjust to what each individual requires in order to learn the process.
- Personal reviews where you are at
- Questions and answers from all members
- More training on the areas that is needed
- Detailed review of your bookkeeping and suggestions offered
Week 11 & 12 – Practice Makes Perfect
This session brings it all together and works with you individually to do your bookkeeping. You may have more in-person time with us this week if you are not feeling comfortable and knowledgeable.
- Review your sorting process
- Review your bookkeeping process
- Identifying what you don’t know and how to fix it
- Identifying errors
- Maximizing write offs
- If you have another business, how does this connect?
- Make sure you are on the right track and feeling comfortable
In addition, you will receive these services
- 90 minutes of discovery calls with our bookkeeping & tax staff
- Mid-year update
- Reduced bookkeeping fees
- Email/Text Reminder of any Canada Revenue Agency obligations
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
This is a detailed description of the services we offer in our packages. Your package may not include all of these services.
DIY Bookkeeping Kit – All documents included in this workbook.
Discovery Calls – A personalized session with one of our tax or bookkeeping staff helping to answer your personal questions. Can be on any topic of your choice.
Mid-year update – A review of your books after July 31 to help you understand where you are at and where your tax bill may be projected based upon current earnings.
Reduced Bookkeeping Fees – Fees are normally $75 per hour. You will receive bookkeeping at $40 per hour.
This can be paid in 2 payments. Please call our office to make arrangements.
The first payment of $150 will reserve your seat.
The balance to be paid on the first day of the program.